Dealing With Storm Damaged Trees
Despite the fact they are often viewed as being really solid and everlasting, trees can become at risk in extreme weather conditions such as strong winds and storms. Powerful storms and high winds have been seen to wipe out trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees out of the ground, sending them plunging to the earth, or onto neighbours’ gardens, power lines, vehicles, and buildings.
How many times soon after a storm have you heard about storm-damaged trees and dislodged branches blocking the road or damaging property. Apart from the inconvenience and danger it also can cause costly restorations.
The most difficult option following a storm is not specifically how to get rid of the trees that are definitely down, that’s more or less straightforward. The tougher decision is whether or not any of the trees left upright can be saved.
Various trees that have been partly damaged in the storm may pose a potential future threat and might have to be chopped down and removed to prevent putting people & property in danger in many months or even years ahead.
Some other trees may be preserved by being pruned back, with their most damaged sections being ‘severed’ exactly like how a surgeon may remove a gangrenous leg. Some other will require to be staked with guy cables or supported with additional supports up until they are able to re-develop the root structure they need to have to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to fall on buildings, our tree specialists can be trusted to clear away the affected trees efficiently, quickly and safely to allow the construction crews easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged properties and power lines.
Call Us Now For A Free No Obligation Quotation
Various Kinds Of Storm Damage
Every one of these types of problem leads to a varied outlook for the trees’ future survival, but forming a prognosis is a task best left to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified amateur is far more likely to disregard a small detail that may differentiate one conclusion from another, such as finding the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that suggests that the roots also snapped.
There are basically 6 types of storm damage that a tree can not normally stand up to:
- Blowovers – these are where the complete tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree splits above the earth, resulting in the trees crown to fall or sag strongly whilst the bottom section stays standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree break underneath the earth, resulting in the tree pitching or swinging significantly.
- Limb Failures – is where several branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates sufficient to splinter, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The complete crown effectively transforms into a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind flow in a manner in which the trunk can’t.
- Lightening Strikes – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, for now. Lightening strikes have a many additional effects including massive water loss and opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin, so a tree hit by lightening is typically at a substantially greater risk to fall despite the fact that it endured the original storm.
Securing Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree contractors will not only clear away fallen trees correctly and with no additional damages to buildings, but they will also be able to give you practical guidance on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still standing, despite the fact that they may have been damaged in the storm. Our highly qualified crew can review the situation on your residential or commercial property and advise you which trees have gotten a lot of damages that they would die whether or not they were very carefully raised and replanted.
24 Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Service
If you find yourself requiring a local 24 Hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will definitely get on site at the very first opportunity to examine the situation and advise you of any remedial solutions available.
If our team can not immediately clear away the tree, we will at least restore a practical amount of access and come back at the very first chance to accomplish a complete & safe clearing of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are also appropriate for any accidents including vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any hidden injury and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if required.
Tree Removal Service Bristol
Even on the floor, tree surgery needs experience & technical skill, it’s a lot more complex than simply using a chainsaw to a tree. Without applicable competence equipment and experience, you should not try tree surgery. If the tree fell due to damages, there might be further hazards of other failing branches. By no means compromise your own personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, get in touch with your local Bristol tree surgeon professionals.
For a free quotation on any type of tree services contact us right now.