Dealing With Storm Damaged Trees
Despite the fact they are generally considered as being really solid and permanent, trees may become at risk in extreme weather conditions such as storms & strong winds. Powerful storms and very high winds have been seen to wipe out trees and tear even the healthiest & sturdiest trees from the ground, sending them plunging to the earth, or onto power lines, buildings, neighbours’ gardens and vehicles.
How many times shortly after a storm have you heard about storm-damaged trees & dislodged branches blocking the road or damaging property. In addition to the danger & inconvenience it also can lead to costly repairs.
The most difficult decision after a storm isn’t specifically how to get rid of the trees that are definitely down, that’s pretty easy. The tougher decision is whether or not any of the trees remaining upright can be saved.
Various trees that have been partly affected in the storm may present a potential future threat and may have to be chopped down and removed to prevent placing people and property in danger in many months or even years to come.
Other trees can be preserved by being pruned back, with their most damaged sections being ‘severed’ much like how a surgeon would remove a gangrenous leg. Others might need to be staked with guy ropes or supported with additional supports up until they can re-develop the root structure they need to have to stand on their own.
If a storm has caused trees to land on buildings, our tree specialists can be trusted to clear away the affected trees safely, quickly and efficiently to allow the building and construction companies easy access to the property to begin restorations on the damaged structures and power lines.
Call Us Now To Get A Free No Obligation Quotation
Various Kinds Of Storm Damage
Each of these types of damage leads to a varied outlook for the trees’ potential survival, but forming a prognosis is a task best entrusted to a fully trained arborist. An unqualified nonprofessional is far more likely to disregard a small detail that may differentiate one verdict from another, such as noticing the splinters from a crown twist but missing the slight lean that indicates that the roots also snapped.
There are generally 6 types of storm damage that a tree can’t typically sustain:
- Blowovers – this is where the entire tree is uprooted.
- Stem Failures – this is where the trunk of the tree splits above the soil, making the trees crown to fall or to bend violently whilst the bottom part remains standing normally.
- Root Failures – is when the root systems of the tree tear underneath the soil, leading to the tree pitching or swinging considerably.
- Branch Failures – is where several branches of the tree detach.
- Crown Twists – is when the trunk of the tree rotates sufficient to splinter, but stays up. This takes place most typically on trees with extremely lopsided crowns. The entire crown ultimately turns into a weathervane in a storm, twisting to follow the wind flow in a manner in which the trunk can’t.
- Lightening Strikes – When lightening strikes the tree gets burned and electrocuted, but stays up, at the moment. Lightening strikes have a number of secondary effects such as opening a large amount of surface area up to pests and vermin and massive water loss, so a tree hit by lightening is always at a substantially higher risk to fall despite the fact that it got through the original storm.
Maintaining Storm Damaged Trees
Our tree contractors will not only clear away upended trees correctly and with no more damages to buildings, but will additionally can give you practical advice on how to save or preserve existing trees that are still left standing, although they may have been harmed in the storm. Our highly qualified crew can evaluate the situation on your residential or commercial property and advise you which trees have endured more than enough damages that they would die whether or not they were carefully raised and replanted.
24 Hour Emergency Tree Removal Call Out Services
If you find yourself requiring a local 24-hour emergency tree surgeon then our professional tree surgeons will be on site at the earliest possibility to evaluate the scenario and advise you of any remedial solutions available.
If our experts can’t fully eliminate the tree, we will at least restore a practical level of access and return at the earliest chance to accomplish a safe and complete clearing of your fallen tree. Our emergency tree removal services are even applicable for any accidents such as vehicle collisions. We will additionally inspect the surrounding trees for any hidden harm and dismantle and remove the damaged tree if required.
Tree Removal Service Bristol
Even on the floor, tree surgery calls for experience & technical skill, it is a lot more complex than just using a chainsaw to a tree. Without any proper competence, experience and equipment, you should not try one’s hand at tree surgery. If the tree fell because of damages, there may be further real dangers of other falling branches. Never compromise your own personal basic safety to remove a fallen limb, get in touch with your local Bristol tree surgeon professionals.
For a free no obligation quotation on any sort of tree services contact us right now.